top of page

Meagan's Story 

"Our New Normal"

My husband, Mike, and I began trying for our first child in 2015. Finally, when we found out we were pregnant in July 2016 we were over the moon! Wyatt would not only be our first child, but also the first grandchild on both sides of our family. The months that followed were filled with so much joy and, for me, non-stop pregnancy symptoms. Wyatt certainly wanted to make his presence known, and that was just fine with me! I’ve waited my whole life to have a child, and as long as he was a healthy growing baby, I’d take whatever complications came with the pregnancy.

From the moment he started moving, Wyatt did not seem to stop. Always kicking, punching and hiccupping, every doctor visit we were told, “he’s as happy as can be in there!” As we patiently waited for our squirmy little boy to arrive, our excitement grew, and I felt March 27, 2017 could not come soon enough.

On March 2, however, the unthinkable happened. A routine ultrasound forever changed our lives when our doctor said those four dreadful words, “There is no heartbeat." Suddenly, our world was turned upside down. How could our happy boy just be gone? The next ten hours were a whirlwind of doctors, nurses and questions like, “did he have a name?” and “would you like to hold him after?”

Saying we felt overwhelmed would be an understatement.

On Friday, March 3, after nine agonizing and emotional hours of labor. I gave birth to our handsome little 6lb 5oz, 20.5in boy. Wyatt Michael Wizceb may have been stillborn, but he was the most perfect angel we could have imagined. From the moment I held him in my arms, I did not want to let Wyatt go. His skull and skin were extremely fragile, so anyone handling him made me nervous.

Thankfully, we had some of the best nurses, and Delnor had a Cuddlecot, which allowed us to keep Wyatt with us until Sunday when we would say our final “good bye”. Over the weekend, our families and close friends were able to meet Wyatt as well, which meant the world to us. We wanted to share him with those we loved, as we knew he had touched their lives as well.

Leaving the hospital on Sunday tops the list as the most difficult thing I’ve ever had to do. Only to come home to an empty house, and a baby room that wouldn’t be used. Grief took over our lives.

In the weeks to come, we slowly began rebuilding our life, going back to work and attempting to find our “new normal”.

Before March, I had never seen myself as brave. I never really had a reason to be. But having to leave my baby at the hospital on March 5, 2017 changed me. Now I live so that my child will not be forgotten and so his precious life had meaning. Bravery for me is waking up each day smiling and optimistic that God has a plan for Wyatt. Sharing his story with the world, and not being afraid to cry when my emotions get the best of me.

*In honor of Wyatt and all angel babies, Our Brave Faces is selling "Brave" long sleeve shirts and sweatshirts. To learn more and check out the products, click HERE.


*Read more about Wyatt and how he and his parents are making such an impact on so many lives and follow on social media to keep up with Wyatt's Wheels!

  • Black Facebook Icon
  • Black Instagram Icon
bottom of page